If you have a pouch laminator in your home, you’d be amazed to find out that you can do a lot of creative things with it. Your laminator can be use to preserve those important documents, but you can also have fun with it and even get the kids involved. Here are some creative ways you can use your laminator.
- Protect those family recipes. Do you have a lot of recipes that have been handed down through the generations? Or maybe you have a collection of recipes you’ve cut out of magazines and newspapers. Whatever the case may be, lamination is a great way to keep your recipes in good shape. It will prevent them from becoming ripped and if you drip anything on them, you can just wipe it away. Then all of your favorites recipes can be handed down to the next generation or preserved as a family heirloom.
- Preserve those cherished photos. Digital photos are often printed on normal printer paper which is hardly the most durable material around. By laminating these items, you’ll be able to preserve the pictures and give them away to family and friends or put them in an album or favorite frame. You can even laminate your older pictures so they can be enjoyed for years. Just be sure to laminate these items on your laminator’s cold setting. You’ll get much better results and your photos won’t become damaged.
- Create customized placemats. It can be a lot of fun creating your own placemats. You can use family photos, children’s artwork, or even a print of your favorite painting. Customized placemats can serve as conversation starters and one that has games on it can make a fussy child much more interested in mealtimes. You can even create some for special events such as birthdays, graduations, and the holidays.
- Increase knowledge with flash cards. Flash cards are a great way to help your child learn the alphabet, basic math, the names of animals, and more. They can be used at home and school, and depending on which subject your kid is studying, you can create customized ones. High school and college students can also benefit from customized flash cards because they can help them study for the SAT’s or that difficult chemistry or art history exam.
- Identify what’s in your garden. If you have a green thumb, you’re bound to find that having identification stakes in your garden will help you keep track of what’s planted and when you should water your plants. You can use the empty seed packets or your own labels designed on the computer, but laminating them will protect them from the elements. They’ll be resistant to rain and they won’t fade from being out in the sun. Plus, you’ll have a good reminder to take care of your plants.
There are many creative ways to use your laminator. This article is just a brief list of all you can do with your machine. Let your imagination run wild and you’ll be amazed at how creative you can get with your laminator.