School is back in session and with that comes new supplies. One thing to put on the list is a laminator. To some this may seem like an unnecessary expense. However, it can actually save you money and provides a variety of uses for teachers and students both. Here are a few reasons why your school needs a laminator.
- Save money. With budget cuts on everyone’s mind, the last thing people want to do is buy something they don’t need. While a laminator may be a big investment up front, it can save you money in the long run. The combination of a decent printer and a laminator allows you to create your own visual aids and signs instead of paying someone else to make them for you.
- Save artwork. Kids make tons of art in school, especially grade school. Parents love to walk through the school and see their child’s artwork on display. However, other kids are not always kind to papers on the wall. Protect these precious drawings by laminating them. Teachers can take these protected creations and provide free decor for your school. And parents will love that their child’s art is preserved and will last for years to come.
- Create your own signs. Schools are often printing up arrows or maps to direct students and parents to the correct location. Why not print them once and laminate them? This way you will be able to reuse any signs you make instead of reprinting them over and over.
- Teacher aids. Kids love visual aids and teachers know this. A laminated list can be turned into a reusable checklist. Or a large sheet can be covered and used as a dry erase board.
- Every holiday finds kids making crafts as gifts. A laminator expands the realm of ideas. Kids can make bookmarks, cover wallet size pictures to create gift tags, make place mats, as well as any other ideas they come up with.
- Create visual displays. Adhering items to a mounting board can provide a creative visual display. Laminating posters can protect them for years of use. Let kids make a banner for your school as a class project and then laminate it before hanging. It will be much more personal and cost-effective than ordering it from a print shop.
- They come in a kit. Complete laminating systems make it easy to get everything you need at once. Commonly included is a few rolls of laminating film, a cleaning kit, an instructional DVD, and a cabinet on casters for easy mobility.
- They are safe and easy to use. Features such as protection against overheating and a locking key switch make these devices safe for use around curious children. And most only use a single on/off switch as well as a control for switching between forward and reverse function. This allows both inexperienced adults as well as supervised children to safely and easily operate the machine.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from owning a laminator. Teachers and kids alike will appreciate the convenience of this device. And you’ll enjoy saving money by having this device. So check out a laminator today to see if it’s right for you!