Five School Supplies to Buy in Bulk
Fall is here and back to school is in full swing. School supplies are flying off the shelves of retail stores offering savings by stocking up. But individually priced items can add up quickly. Before you know it, you can have a cart full of fancy notebooks and expensive pens “needed” by your children. By purchasing a few basic items in bulk, you can save money on pricey supplies while still getting your kids what they need. Here are five commonly required supply items you can stock up on while saving money.
- Three ring binders. Almost every child will need at least one of these and often more. While the character-laden ones are cute, they come with a hefty price tag. Instead, get a package of clear view binders. They come in the same variety of sizes seen in stores and can be ordered online for much less cost per binder. Encourage your child’s creativity by having them design a personalized insert for the front and back. They will love having a collage of their favorite characters instead of having to choose just one picture. And you’ll love the extra money in your pocket. As a bonus, buying a larger package of multiple binders will likely result in a few extras, meaning one less thing to buy next year.
- Sheet protectors. Having a few of these in your child’s binder is a great way to protect important papers and homework. These are also often used throughout the school year in a variety of projects. Getting a large box of protectors allows you to have these on hand whenever they are needed and may even prevent a midnight run to the store to finish a project due the next day.
- Dividers. What three ring binder would be complete without dividers to separate the pages? Dividers come in a wide selection of colors and materials. Most come with labels to denote the sections that can be filled in by hand or printed. Some dividers even allow printing directly onto the page, eliminating the need for tabs or labels. Dividers often have a pocket on one or both sides to store handouts and other sheets without holes. Buying these in bulk now can save you from needing to purchase them again next year.
- Notebook paper. Paper is used by school children everywhere throughout the school year. This is one item where basic is best. Simple lined notebook paper is a standard supply that your kids will use every year, so why not stock up? Buying a ream instead of a small package may cost more initially but will save you money in the long run.
- Pens and pencils. These are as basic as notebook paper and used even more. Having a generous supply of pens will keep you from searching all over to find a writing utensil for your child to do their homework. And if your kids take your pens, you’ll have more as a backup.
While there are countless other school supplies needed every year, these five will persist beyond the latest cartoon craze or character fad. They won’t become outdated, so you’ll be able to use any excess for the next year. Avoid the long lines at the store and order your supplies today!
Leave a Reply