Every office needs supplies, from pens and paper to computers and fax machines. You are also going to need some other things that might not even have crossed your mind. Here are five of them.
- High-quality staplers. Just about everyone in your office can benefit from having a good stapler at the the ready. A stapler offers an easy way to fasten documents together with the need for a big binding machine. There are a lot of staplers you can choose from including compact desktop models, portable devices (good for your traveling employees!), and high-capacity electric units. Some brand names to check out are Dahle Novus and, of course, Swingline.
- Good cutting tools. Even if your business doesn’t deal in the creative arts (i.e. photography, graphic design), you can still benefit from owning some paper cutting devices. Scissors can be easily stored in your employees’ desks, as can some of the smaller rotary trimmers on the market. If your workers frequently need to cut larger quantities of paper, a first-rate guillotine or stack cutter can be a good investment. A couple of companies that make great paper cutting tools include GBC and Akiles. Dahle also makes some excellent scissors.
- An electric letter opener. Your office probably receives a lot of mail and opening all of those envelopes can be time-consuming. (Costly too, when you consider labor costs.) That’s why an electric letter open is a must-have device. These machines can process hundreds – or even thousands – of mail per hour and most do so automatically. That way, you can spend time and money involved in more engaging – and lucrative – activities. Martin Yale makes some really great letter openers, so check them out.
- Whiteboards and bulletin boards. Even in this age of e-mail and iPhones, you can still use old-fashioned ways of communicating with your colleagues. Whiteboards are ideal for conference rooms for jotting down ideas during meetings. Smaller boards can even be placed in cubicles so your employees can stay on top of things. And bulletin boards are ideal for displaying announcements and other important items, such as labor law posters and reminders about the upcoming company picnic. Quartet, Ghent, and Balt Best-Rite all make boards that can help you communicate.
- High-security paper shredders. Unless you want to become a victim of fraud or face a lawsuit of some sort, you’re going to need paper shredders in your office. These machines will give you a secure way to get rid of any documents containing sensitive information (i.e. bank account numbers, personnel data, etc.). You can choose large departmental shredders that can be used by multiple people over the course of the day or you can get smaller devices that can be stored right by your workers’ desks. Be sure to choose cross-cut machines so you’ll get the most security available. Some great paper shredder manufacturers are Fellowes, GBC, and Intimus.
Every office needs tools to be successful and if you stock your workplace with these items, your odds of success have just increased. Get these great products today and see what they can do for you.