- A good letter folder. No matter what you job is, chances are you have to deal with mail at some point. If you send out a lot of correspondence, a letter folder will come in very handy. This type of device can fold letter-sized paper (8.5” x 11”) into thirds so you can pop the letter into an envelope and go about your day. Some letter folders can handle stapled documents or even perform different kinds of folds, so there’s one that’s just right for your needs. Best of all, a lot of these devices are fairly compact so you can find one that will easily fit on your desk.
- A high-quality pouch laminator. Paper can be ruined if it’s handled too much, so it’s a good idea to laminate those documents that you frequently refer to. To do that, a pouch laminator is what you need. There are some high-quality ones available that have a lot of great features including multiple rollers (to ensure great results), cold settings (so you can laminate thermally sensitive items), and the ability to shut off automatically. You can use a laminator to protect signs, photographs, calendars, and just about anything else that needs protection. Also, there are some laminators that can laminate a letter-sized document in about a minute, so you can finish the job quickly.
- A selection of index tabs. Do you use binders at work to store and organize documents? If you do, you should keep a supply of index tabs on-hand. These supplies will help your separate the sections in binders so it’s faster and easier to refer to something when the need arises. (Something else to have around is a good three-hole punch so you can get your documents ready for the binders.) You can also use index tabs in documents bound with a binding machine, so they’re pretty helpful supplies all around. Just make sure the hole pattern is right for the binding supplies you’re going to be using.
- A high-capacity electric stapler. A high-capacity electric stapler is a great addition to any office. These machines make it possible to staple thick documents in a couple of seconds. They make it easy to finish up a variety of large jobs so you can get on with your day. There are even some portable electric staplers available if you want to be able to use the device anywhere in the office.
- A whiteboard for your cubicle. Although a lot of people use things like computers and smartphones to stay organized these days, using a whiteboard can be really helpful. For one thing, you can erase them quickly, and they’re also easy to refer to. You can just glance at them and not worry about turning them on, waiting for them to boot up, etc.
All of these things can help you have an easier workday. They’ll help you streamline your workflow, stay on task, and save time. Consider getting these items for your office so you can enjoy having an easier time at work.