It’s not hard these days to look online and find tons of information about SEO and rankings. But how do you know what to pay attention to and what to ignore? Recently an article was published on the blog of CPC Strategy interviewing MyBinding.com’s VP of Marketing, Jeff McRitchie. A quick online search will show that Jeff is a prolific writer on a variety of topics. However, after going from a one-man show to a full marketing department, McRitchie knows what he’s talking about when it comes to SEO. Here is a brief synopsis of the interview between McRitchie and Andrew Davis of CPC Strategy. To read the full story, check out the blog post from CPC Strategy, Exclusive eCommerce SEO Interview.
Q: What is the best way to stand firm through multiple Google updates, and how would you advise an online retailer looking to get out of an SEO rut?
A: If you’re going to stick it out through the Google storm, diversification is key. Google is constantly changing and updating what they like but ultimately they want to provide what the user actually wants. We are focusing on building our brand in a variety of channels instead of catering only to Google. There are several core points at the center of our strategy:
- Create large amounts of high quality content. Every week, we create 10 new videos as well as other unique articles and pieces of content.
- Make your site better. If we see something we don’t like, we try to fix it right away.
- Pay attention to the data. Make sure someone closely monitors your analytics daily to check for any emerging trends so you can respond accordingly.
- Diversify your marketing efforts. You want to be everywhere your customer might be looking – on social media, YouTube, paid search, organic search results, Google shopping, etc.
- Don’t be afraid to hire inexpensive talent. Look for content writers to give you a boost, try doing more things in-house, outsource tedious tasks to overseas employees.
This is just the first question in this interview and we haven’t even scratched the surface of info covered on these topics. Jeff explains these points in further detail and also answers other excellent, helpful questions over at the CPC Strategy blog. Check it out for some great insights on how to weather Google updates and ramp up your SEO strategy.
CPCStrategy.com was created by former members of shopping comparison campaigns to help online retailers manage their product listings. For more information, they can be reached at 619-297-3798. They also have an ecommerce blog at https://www.cpcstrategy.com/blog