Did you know that there are a lot of office supplies and machines that can be used at home? And that they go way beyond the ordinary (computers, pens, etc.)? If not, you’re going to soon because this article is all about which of these items are perfect for use at home whether you have a home office or not. Let’s take a look at what you can get some use out of….
- A paper shredder. If you’ve been throwing away your junk mail, correspondence, and other documents, you’re unfortunately a target for identity theft. Identity theft can be emotionally and financially devastating, so you need to protect yourself the best you can. Using a paper shredder is definitely the way to go. There are a lot of ones designed for personal use that can help you keep your identity to yourself.
- A comb binding machine. Comb binding machines make it easy to put together documents for school assignments, professional use, and more. Having one of these at home can be really helpful if someone in the household is attending school or if you just want to be able to put together books for a variety of occasions. The supplies needed for this binding style are pretty inexpensive and there are many affordable machines available.
- A pouch laminator. You don’t hear about people using laminators at home very often which is disappointing to say the least. That’s disappointing because they have so many uses. You can use one to laminate recipe cards, artwork, calendar pages, luggage tags, important pages, and more. Plus there are laminators that can help you make stickers for use when you’re scrapbooking or doing some other type of craft.
- A whiteboard. Whiteboards are important communication tools in schools and workplaces. You can use one at home too, especially since they come in both large and small sizes. A whiteboard can be used to keep track of grocery lists, chores, appointments, and phone numbers. You can even leave messages for other household members on one.
- A rotary trimmer. If you’ve ever tried to cut a straight line with scissors, you have some idea of how difficult it can be. However, you can get straight lines with very little effort by using a rotary trimmer. These cutters can be used for school projects, clipping coupons, and crafts. A lot of them have fully enclosed blades so children can use them with supervision.
- A stapler and a hole punch. Finally, stapler and hole punches are perfect for most homes, especially those containing students. These devices allow you to fasten documents and prepare them for storage in three-ring binders. They’re really helpful and can help you (and your housemates and/or kids) stay organized.
Office devices aren’t just for the workplace anymore – they can be very useful at home too. Consider getting one or more of the devices today to see how they can help out you and the other members of your household.