When it comes to work, it’s always good to save time and be as productive as possible. A lot of this comes from being organized and dedicated, but it always helps to have access to supplies and machines that can make things easier. Here are some that can make your job easier and help you get more done.
- Synthetic paper. Most companies go through a lot of paper and some of them even laminate their documents to give them added protection. However, laminating can take up time and you need certain equipment and supplies to do it. Luckily, there’s always the option of using synthetic paper. This type of paper is made out of polyester but it looks just like the normal type you would use in your photocopier. Synthetic paper is waterproof so it’s ideal for documents that will be used frequently. It can be used in a variety of devices including laser printers and digital presses. Since this type of paper is a very crisp shade of white, it will make any document look great whether you’re preparing marketing materials or printing out photographs. Synthetic paper can be hole-punched so you can use it with three-ring binders and various types of binding machines. Best of it, it will help you save time and eliminates the need for a laminator.
- Pre-punched paper. If you’d prefer to stick with traditional paper and you use a binding machine on a regular basis, you’ll be glad to know there are pre-punched sheets available. You can get paper that’s prepared for different binding methods including plastic comb and twin-loop wire. This paper is available in a bunch of different colors (white, purple, blue, etc.) and since you don’t need to punch it, you can begin binding your document after it’s been printed. It makes document finishing very convenient and it will help you save a lot of time.
- A continuous-duty paper shredder. It’s clear that identity theft is a huge problem in this society. Due to this, it’s become necessary to shred just about every unneeded document from correspondence to ATM receipts, credit reports to old tax returns. That’s why you should get a paper shredder for your office, especially one that has a continuous motor. This type of motor allows the shredder to operate non-stop so that you and your colleagues can destroy documents throughout the day. Shredders with continuous-duty motors are often large which makes them ideal for shared use. If you place one of these machines in your copy room or near a printer, it will be easy for everyone to shred their documents which will help keep your private information out of the wrong hands.
- A letter folder. One of the most time-consuming office tasks is folding documents for mailing. This is especially true if you have a large mailing that needs to go out…and if you’re working under a quickly approaching deadline. You can reduce your stress level (and save time) by using a letter folder. This is simply a machine that can take a piece of paper (or a few of them) and fold it (usually into thirds) in a few seconds. It will save you time and it will reduce the risk of paper cuts. Some of these devices can even handle stapled documents so you can save even more time. A letter folder is a great addition to your mailroom and it would also be a helpful tool for your receptionist or administrative assistant to have on his/her desk.
- An electric stapler. Although more and more offices are turning to e-mail and the Internet to communicate and share documents, you can still get a lot of use out of a high-quality electric stapler. There are both handheld and desktop varieties, and both of them make it easy to staple your work in mere seconds. They’re really handy if you need to staple a lot of documents and you don’t need to use a lot of effort to get things done. Be sure to have some extra staples on-hand so you won’t run out at a crucial moment.
- A high-quality hole punch. Chances are good that you use three-ring binders in your office. These supplies offer a quick and easy way to organize and store paper documents. While pre-punched paper is available, it’s unlikely that all of your documents (copies, for example) are printed on this type of stock. That’s why you need to have a high-quality hole punch. While choosing a device with a high punching capacity is a good idea, it really pays off to choose one that’s of the highest quality. A good hole punch will last for years so you can take care of all of your documents without any problems. You should also stock up on index tabs so you can organize your work at a moment’s notice.
- A calendar whiteboard. Organization is extremely important and you can never have too many tools to help you keep on top of things. One handy organizational tool is a calendar whiteboard. It’s simply a dry-erase board that has a calendar grid printed on it. You can fill in the days with a dry-erase marker so you can keep track of upcoming deadlines and appointments. One of the advantages of using one of these devices is that you won’t need a paper calendar. You’ll be helping the environment as well as staying on top of things.
These are just a few of the office devices and supplies that can make your workday easier. All of these things will definitely help you save time so you can boost your productivity. From synthetic paper to electric staplers, using these things can make any workday go much more smoothly. Try them out yourself so your job can be easier.