Exploring the Options in Poly Binding Covers
Sometimes there are so many different options in binding covers that it can be difficult to know what cover might be best for you. This article is designed to help you understand the different options available in Poly Binding covers, their thicknesses, patterns and available colors. Many users prefer plastic covers over paper covers because poly is waterproof, impossible to tear, heat resistant, stain resistant and incredibly durable. Here is a quick overview of the poly covers available:
- Sand embossed poly covers are 12mil covers with a fine sand like finish on one side. They are packaged in 100 count packs and are some of the most economical plastic binding covers available on the market . Sand poly covers are available in a number of different colors including Matte (Frost), Black, Dark Green, Navy, Maroon and Transparent Green.
- Stripe embossed poly covers are 12mil thick binding covers with a diagonal embossed stripe pattern on them giving them texture and an elegant feel. They are all translucent or transparent allowing you to see your title page through the cover and are packaged in 100 count packs. Stripe Embossed Poly Covers and are available in Transparent Blue, Clear, Transparent Green, Transparent Smoke, Transparent Maroon, and Transparent Aqua.
- Leather grain embossed poly covers are 16mil thick binding covers with an embossed leather grain texture for the look of leather with the strength and durability of poly. They are available primarily in opaque colors with the exception of frosted matte leather grain poly. They are packaged in 50 count packs leather grain poly covers are available in Black, Navy, Maroon, Dark Green, Blue, Dark Gray, and Clear (Matte).
- Crystal Embossed poly binding covers are 16mil thick with an embossed diamond plate pattern. They are popular with contractors, house inspectors and construction companies. They are packaged in 50 count packs and are available in four transparent colors including: Clear, Blue, Red, and Smoke.
- Holographic 3D Poly binding covers are 16 or 19mil thick and have a unique shimmering holographic pattern embedded in the covers. They really help to catch the attention of your customers and make your reports and documents stand out. They are packaged in 50 count packs and are available in five translucent colors including: Smoke, Clear, Blue, Green and Mint.
- Frost Poly covers are made from a 14mil poly material with a finish that has a very fine embossed texture (more smooth than sand embossed poly covers). These premium poly covers are available from GBC in a few different sizes including letter, oversize and index allowance.
- GBC Gels Poly covers are made from a 14mil poly material with a finish similar to their frost poly covers. However, GBC Gels covers are available in three designer colors including sage green, steel blue and plum (Amber Gels covers have been discontinued).