Searching for that perfect gift? A cookbook created by you fits the bill in so many ways. Here are some of the reasons why the gift of a cook book is worth the minimal time and effort it takes to put it together.
1. It’s Useful. This has to be reason number one, right? Imagine how many lives you will be making that much easier by creating a cookbook with, for instance, 20 minute recipes that a busy family can cook up in a pinch. But don’t stop there, there are just too many good ideas out there. How about a cook book for bachelors cooking their first meal for their new special lady? Let your imagination be your guide, and you can make a cookbook that will be used for years to come.
2. It’s Personal. In this age of gift cards, a homemade cookbook tells your recipients that you actually put some thought and effort into your gift giving. Perhaps you’ve gotten a lot of compliments on your cooking over the years. Well, here is your chance to share something dear to you with those you love best.
3. It’s Topical. Cooking shows are all the rage these days, and people are more interested in food preparation than they ever have been. Your friends and family will love getting a book full of your tried and true recipes, and you can even include dishes that range from easy enough for kids, to gourmet-level challenging. Just make sure that you spell everything correctly.
4. It’s Easy. Depending on if you create a simple recipe book to a full fledged art-laden cookbook, all you may have to do is to type up and print out your recipes. Of course, with the art and binding options available to you today, you might as well go all out!
5. It’s A Keepsake. Or it can be anyway. Why not collect a bunch of recipes from your extended family and make a family cookbook? Have the older generation contribute their favorite traditional dishes, and you have a family heirloom in the making. How many gifts have that much going for them?
6. It’s Inexpensive. If you get your own inexpensive binding machine, you can do the printing and binding yourself and make as many books as you want quickly and easily. You can even whip one up for unexpected guests or other occasions in which you need a great gift in a hurry.
7. It’s Creative. There are so many directions you can go with your cookbook that your imagination is truly your only limitation. You can make a book that is themed around backyard bbq’s or pre-game tailgating, or that is based on the fanciest French cuisine, and everything and anything in between.
8. It’s Unique. A cook book, made by you personally, is something that will be unexpected and appreciated. At the very least it will stick out as something special and noteworthy in the pile of sweaters and socks, and that is enough reason right there to create your own gift cookbook.